All about leadership
Intelligence – интеллект, рассудок, разум
Influence – влияние, действие
Presence – осанка, внешний вид, наружность (производящие благоприятное впечатление)
Uprightness – честность
Accomplishment – обычно мн. достоинства, таланты
Authority – авторитет, крупный специалист
Goal – задача, цель
Interaction – взаимодействие
Trait – характерная черта, особенность
Notable – выдающийся, известный
To motivate – побуждать, принуждать (к чему-л.)
To inspire – способствовать, влиять, принуждать
To agitate – агитировать
To enlist – заручиться поддержкой, привлечь на свою сторону (в чём-л.)
To support – помогать, содействовать, способствовать
To organize – организовывать, планировать, устраивать
To achieve – добиваться, достигать
To explore – рассматривать, изучать, анализировать
To prompt – побуждать, толкать (к чему-л.)
To focus – сосредоточивать, обращать (внимание и т. п.)
1. To inspire – to give someone the enthusiasm to do or create something.
2. Influence – the effect that a person or thing has on someone’s decisions, opinions, or behaviour or on the way something happens.
3. To organize – to prepare or arrange an activity or event.
4. Interaction – the activity of being with and talking to other people, and the way that people react to each other.
5. To focus – to concentrate on something and pay particular attention to it.
6. She was barely tall enough to come up to his chest, but her presence was such that her height seemed the proper one, and he felt ungainly in his tallness.
7. More people are agitating for improvements in prison conditions.
8. It undermines Russia's authority and its reputation as supplier.
9. For example, suppose that the solar heater project increases the firm’s assets by $10 million and therefore prompts it to borrow $5 million more.
10. What is less clear is how far such behavioral traits help to explain stock market anomalies.
How to be a good leader
My name is Mark Walsh from Integration Training. This is a short video for leaders on how to have impact, influence and presence. So, its really for anyone who needs to motivate, to inspire other people. First thing really as a leader is to come from your heart, to engage the emotions, that sense of passion , that sense of what you really care about. That's absolutely critical for any leader who wants to get other people on board. To do that, a leader really needs to be in touch with what they're good at, their core strenghs also, their core values. So, first thing for any leader is to get really clear about that, what's their unique contribution . What are their strengths? What do they really care about? If they are leading from that then that will give 'em umph, it will really give them the presence to inspire people. The only thing that is really important in leadership presence is the body. So, to be centered and grounded is number one. So, you can take a deep breath into your abdomen , be sure you're sat squarely on your chair or standing with balance. Also the sense of length, so, rising up rather than being small or collapsed. Its that dignified sense of uprightness from the back of the head. So, there's wit, that is taking up space in the world rather than being crushed, it's allowing yourself to be fully there, to be fully seen. Depth being not back or agitated forward but nicely balanced in the middle. Combining that physical presence with the sense of values, what you really care about, where you're coming from and who you're uniquely are. For me, is what makes a leader inspiring, motivating. If you are interested in building leadership impacts and presence either for yourself for coaching or for a leadership training for an organization. Then, get in touch. We'd love to hear from you. Give us a call or email us using the contact form on this website.
Be creative: The best ad
Be motivated: Pickup in the rain
One night, at 11:30 PM, an older African American woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway trying to endure a lashing rain storm. Her car had broken down and she desperately needed a ride. Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car. A young white man stopped to help her generally unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960s. The man took her to safety, helped her get assistance and put her into a taxi cab. She seemed to be in a big hurry! She wrote down his address, thanked him and drove away.
Seven days went by and a knock came on the man's door. To his surprise, a giant console color TV was delivered to his home. A special note was attached. It read:
Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway the other night. The rain drenched not only my clothes but my spirits. Then you came along. Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying husband's bedside just before he passed away. God bless you for helping me and unselfishly serving others.
Mrs. Nat King Cole
List of questions for discussion
1. What leadership qualities do you have?
2. What leadership qualities do you want or need in the future?
3. Are people who have leadership qualities more physically attractive than people with no leadership skills?
4. Is there always stress with leadership?
5. Does leadership exist in a romantic partnership?
6. Is leadership an art or a science?
7. Do you think people with no leadership skills have a more or less happy life?
8. Does good leadership require bullying?
9. What different kinds of leadership styles are there?
10. How often are there leadership battles in your country? Do they interest you?
11. Have you ever been in positions of leadership?
12. What leadership quality do you most value/admire?
13. Who in the world do you think possesses the greatest leadership skills?
14. Would you like to take a course in leadership?
15. What do you think of the leadership of the US President and your country's leader?
Для обсуждения данной темы присоединяйтесь к разговорным клубам. Студентам индивидуального курса разговорные клубы предоставляются бесплатно. А если вы предпочитаете обучение в формате разговорных клубов, записывайтесь на групповые занятия.