Device – устройство, приспособление, механизм
Access – доступ
Cellular network – сотовая сеть
Keypad – (малая) клавиатура
Microchip – микрочип, микрокристалл с интегральной микросхемой
Charger – зарядное устройство
Software – программное обеспечение
Tool – инструмент, сервисная программа
Roaming – роуминг (автоматическое подключение к местной сети связи)
Ringtone – рингтон, мелодия звонка мобильного телефона
To receive – аккумулировать, вмещать, собирать
To connect – соединять, присоединять, включать
To interact – взаимодействовать
To support – поддерживать, обеспечивать
To browse – просматривать
To facilitate – облегчать, содействовать, способствовать
To explore – исследовать, изучать
To provide – предусматривать, предвидеть
To improve – улучшать, совершенствовать
To cover – охватывать, распространяться
1. To improve – to make something better.
2. Keypad – a small keyboard, for example on a telephone, computer, or calculator.
3. To facilitate – to make it possible or easier for something to happen.
4. Software – connected with, working with, or caused by software.
5. To connect – to make it possible for someone to communicate using a telephone or computer network.
6. The call barring password is used to limit access to the call barring service.
7. The sensor can not interact physically with the User, and can calculate the position of the User and/or his organs of sight relative to the screen of the device from indirect signs.
8. If necessary, with the data cable inserted, you can also connect the charger to your Vertu phone.
9. A similar time restriction was introduced for quotations on pre-payment terms – they shall provide for payment for securities within three days.
10. Many terms describe mobility, but this chapter uses the terms mobility and roaming to describe the act of moving between access points (Aps).
Business Dress & Etiquette : Cell Phones & Business Meetings
All right, now let's talk about my favorite topic, cell phones. Now I would like to say that in business meetings, in business meals , in business anything, turn it off. And then that would be the end of the clips on the cell phone, but I know that it doesn't exactly work that way. If at all possible, turn your cell phone off. Anything that's going on out there, surely, people can leave you a message. However, I understand that sometimes there are certain circumstances in which you really, really, really need to take a call. So you need to leave your cell phone on. If that is the case, the first thing you want to do at the beginning of the meeting, at the beginning of the lunch or dinner, is let people know that you have had to leave, you have to leave your cell phone on, that you are expecting an emergency phone call. You don't have to go into detail, but just let people know that your cell phone might be ringing.
Be creative: The best ad
Be motivated: Learn from mistakes
Thomas Edison tried two thousand different materials in search of a filament for the light bulb. When none worked satisfactorily, his assistant complained, "All our work is in vain. We have learned nothing."
Edison replied very confidently, "Oh, we have come a long way and we have learned a lot. We know that there are two thousand elements which we cannot use to make a good light bulb."
List of questions for discussion
1. What was life like before cell phones?
2. What cell phone functions are important for you?
3. Are there any features on your cell phone you don’t need?
4. Can people use their cell phones while they are driving in your country?
5. What does the "cellular" mean in cellular phone?
6. Do you think cell phones are liberating?
7. Would it be a big problem for you if your cell phone was lost or stolen?
8. How often do you turn your cell phone off?
9. Which cell phone maker is best?
10. Do you think cell phones really interfere with equipment in hospitals and on airplanes?
11. What are the best things about cell phones?
12. Do you get annoyed with other cell phone users?
13. What do you do when you annoy other people with your cell phone?
14. Do you think people should be fined for using their cell phone in a no cell phone area?
15. Are you worried about brain damage from using cell phones?
Для обсуждения данной темы присоединяйтесь к разговорным клубам. Студентам индивидуального курса разговорные клубы предоставляются бесплатно. А если вы предпочитаете обучение в формате разговорных клубов, записывайтесь на групповые занятия.