One of the greatest actresses of all times - our teacher Rose
If someday you will doubt who to pick on our site in order to have energetic and dynamic classes, I would recommend you to choose our enthusiastic teacher Rose, who has not only worked as a teacher for a long time now, but also worked as an actress and won the hearts of many people on TV and in the theatres of Australia, where she was born and raised.
To act or to teach – that is the question
Usually people dream to become an actress or an actor for the whole of their life, but cannot achieve this goal because of many reasons. But our heroine not only became the actress, but also taught this art. So, here is the short story how it has happened.
– I used to play in different series, for example, my last film, where I played, was called "Home and Away". It depicted the trials and tribulations, romances, arguments, successes and failures of the people of little town of Australia.
– Did you act only in films or you also played in theatre?
– I certainly played in theatre, also worked in children theatre and taught children this kind of art.
– Wow, how interesting! How did you decide to become a teacher?
– Well, it happened naturally, one of my friends started teaching English and she told me how interesting it was and I decided to try too, why not? Besides, I led teaching workshops about acting, so I already had teaching experience.
Travelling is in her blood
Not everyone of us from the beginning of our life starts to travel, but our active heroine was the one who actually did travel.
– I started to travel from my childhood, first I did it with parents and then I started to travel on my own. The first country which I visited was India, I was 18 years old and it was a bit scary for me to be there, as this country is not that safe for young people. Though, I liked it anyway. My next countries which I visited were Nepal, I lived there for 18 month, then I was in China, Vietnam, Tailand, Bhutan and lots of other countries.
– Well, to tell the truth, I have never heard about such country as Bhutan, would you please let me know what exactly is interesting there?
– Sure! Bhutan is located in South Africa at the eastern end of the Himalayas. It’s a very tiny country, but it’s so beautiful and untouched by people, so you can contemplate picturesque plains in the south of the country and Himalayan heights in the north of it.
– What countries impressed you most of all?
– Well, probably Mexico, as I met my husband there, – answered Rose with a smile on her face.
– Cool! And how did it happen?
– Frankly speaking, there was nothing special about our meeting, we met in a bar, liked each other from the first sight and started dating and in a while we got married and live here since then.
– If you were given a ticket to any country you wish to go, where would you go?
– I speak Spanish, so I would like to go to Spain for a while and I would also love to visit Portugal, along with my husband as he is a teacher of Portuguese and this trip would definitely be interesting for both of us.
Great passions of our heroine
We have talked a lot about Rose's career, now let’s dive into the world of her hobbies and passions.
– Rose, what do you enjoy doing most of all when you have free time?
– First of all, I adore cooking, I cook different sorts of things, but mostly vegetarian food.
– Oh that is probably because of your husband, as he is a vegetarian. Or are you also a vegetarian?
- I don’t like meat here in Mexico, it’s not that safe to eat it here, you can get sick after it. That is why I rarely eat it, mostly prefer vegetarian food along with my husband.
Rose enjoys cooking so much that she was eager to share one of her recipes with us:
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- garlic clove, chopped
- handful of flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp harissa paste or chilli powder
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- toasted pitta bread
- 200g tub tomato salsa, to serve
- green salad, to serve
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
1. Pat the chickpeas dry with kitchen paper. Tip into a food processor along with the onion, garlic, parsley, spices, flour and a little salt. Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four patties with your hands.
2. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the burgers, then quickly fry for 3 mins on each side until lightly golden. Serve with toasted pittas, tomato salsa and a green salad.
But cooking is not the only passion of Rose, she also adores skiing.
– Rose, where did you learn to ski and is it difficult or dangerous from your point of view?
– It’s kind of dangerous of course, but that also depends how well you can ski and how cliffy the mountain is. I tried to ski first in Canada, next to the hotel where I worked as a manager, there was a hill where everybody was skiing and I gave it a try and liked it so much, that every time I go somewhere, where there is the hill, I will definitely ski there.
Our tender and charming actress and a teacher Rose has a lot of other hobbies, such as reading fantasy, being fond of linguistics and history of languages, drawing and swimming, so she is always as busy as a bee.
Labyrinth by David Bowie
Italy, Spain, Portugal
Rose was also pleased to provide her colleagues and students with some valuable tips.
Tips for new teachers
- be genuinely interested in students' progress;
- invest in teaching, take care of students' needs and concerns, always help them;
- teach and lead by example, assure your students of their self worth by separating them from their problems; constantly remind them that failure in studying process is not permanent and success will come if you try hard.
Tips for learners
- try to be as open as possible, ask any questions you have;
- do not be afraid to make mistakes;
- do not forget about the most important habits that the most highly effective learners have, such as self-belief, tenacity and determination, and together, all of these traits can help you in reaching your full potentials as both people and learners.
So, it was really interesting for me to get to know such a wonderful person as Rose. If you want to be a part of our friendly family and study with her or some other teachers, you are always welcome to join us! See you soon at our classes.
Feel English and feel free