The queen of the dark art - our teacher Annie
You never know with whom to study, until you try to have classes with an exact teacher. Our today’s heroine Annie impressed the whole team of EnglishDom from the first sight. Her first class for the hr was all about medicine, so for some time we thought that Annie was a doctor. In a while, she revealed a secret that she used to be a psychotherapist.
Ready, steady, hypnotized
If you look straight into the beautiful eyes of Annie, you might think that she could work as an actress or a singer, as she is very beautiful, but you will never think that she used to work as a hypnotist. Her main occupation was psychotherapy, but she also used hypnosis and meditations during her sessions with clients.
– Annie, was it difficult for you to work as a psychotherapist?
– Working as a psychotherapist is not that easy as it might seem. I occupied this position for many years and know how hard it was. You need not only to listen to every person, but also help him or her overcome the problems.
– I have always thought that psychologists are not people who can just solve somebody’s difficulties, but can just look for the answers in his client’s subconsciousness. Is it right?
– Yes, all of the answers are inside of you, you just need to know where to find them. People just prefer not to listen to themselves, their inner desires or fears, as they sometimes do not understand what to do with all this information and a psychologist is like a mediator who helps to find a way out inbetween client’s thoughts and client’s subconsciousness.
– Yes, you are right. Do you practice psychological sessions up till now?
– No, to tell the truth, it’s difficult to help to resolve problems all the time, as sometimes you get absorbed into somebody’s issues so much that cannot live your personal life properly. That is why, I started teaching, as when you teach you receive only positive emotions.
– What exact courses do you teach?
– I teach all courses from exam preparation up to general and business English. I also like children very much, so I adore teaching them too. And of course if you have someone who is eager to study medicine, I am here to help.
Jogging and being a vegan helps to keep fit
From the medical point of view, our heroine understands that it’s better to preserve good health than try to get it back when it’s almost lost.
– What do you do to keep fit?
– First of all I wake up at 5 am every day and jog along the beach. Secondly, I am vegan, so I do not eat any meat, cheese or any other products which contain milk or meat. So, I eat only fruit, vegetables and grains.
– Can you share any recipes of your favourite dishes?
– Yes, sure, here is the recipe of corn and black bean pancakes:
You will need these ingredients for the pancakes:
- 11/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour;
- 1/2 cup cornmeal;
- 1 tablespoon aluminum-free baking powder;
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt;
- 11/2 cups unsweetened, unflavored plant milk;
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce;
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and finely diced;
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn kernels, thawed;
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained;
- 6 green onions, white and light green parts thinly sliced;
- chopped fresh cilantro, for serving.
Here is the procedure for prepartion the pancakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt until well combined. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add the plant milk, applesauce, bell pepper, corn, black beans, and green onions. Gently fold the ingredients together just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
3. Heat a griddle or large non-stick pan over medium heat until a few droplets of water dropped in the pan jump and sizzle.
4. Spoon 1/2 cup batter for each pancake onto the pan, making sure they don’t touch each other, until no more will fit. Cook until the undersides are crisp and the pancake can be flipped easily without falling apart, about 4 minutes. Using a
spatula, turn the pancakes over and cook until the other side is lightly browned and crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer the pancakes to a heatproof platter and place in the oven to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Serve the pancakes topped with salsa, vegan sour “cream,” and chopped cilantro.
Take a snapshot with us
Our charming lady is not only a great cook, but also an artist and a photographer.
– I adore taking photos. I am a digital artist, it means that I do not only take pictures, but also work in photoshop, lightroom and other programs to make the photos more vivid. I am the person who likes dark art, so if you are a fan of it too, you can enjoy the pictures on my site anneliennader.com. I also like painting on canvas. It is very relaxing and you can do it outside when the weather is good. It’s really a great feeling, when you can contemplate the nature, breathe in fresh air and paint something.
“Hystorical fiction” by Phelipa Gregory
“King Henry the 8th”
Tips for the new teachers:
- Always listen to the students carefully and pay attention to the their needs;
- be flexible during classes, try to provide the student with materials which he really values;
- try to read from the students’ faces what they are not saying and implement in classes;
- don’t forget to get feedback about your classes.
Tips for the students:
- Find a friend who speaks English and talk to him as more as possible;
- watch a movie or listen to the audiobook on your way to your work and back.
I liked every minute of our conversation with Annie, also I had a great desire to take over some of our heroine's abilities like painting something or getting bright and early for a jog.
So, I wish you, dear readers, to be more creative in your life and not to be lazy, as you won’t be able to reach your goals. So, just do it and strive for perfection.
Feel English and Feel free