Love and falling in love
Experience – (жизненный) опыт
Relationship – отношение, взаимоотношение
Emotion – чувство, ощущение, эмоция
Affection – любовь, чувство близости, привязанность
Attachment – верность, преданность
Compassion – сожаление, сочувствие, участие
Passionate – пылкий, страстный, влюблённый
Platonic – платонический
Devotion – преданность, сильная привязанность
Sentiment – чувство, сентиментальность
To embarrass – мешать, препятствовать, стеснять
To complete – завершать, заканчивать
To combine – соединяться, объединяться
To define – характеризовать, определять, устанавливать
To act – действовать, поступать, вести себя
To clarify – прояснить, пролить свет (на что-л.)
To contrast – противопоставлять, сравнивать, сопоставлять
Falling head over heels for someone – влюбиться в кого-то без памяти
Love at first sight – любовь с первого взгляда
To break someone’s heart – разбить чье-то сердце
1. To embarrass – to make someone feel nervous, ashamed, or stupid in a social situation.
2. Emotion – feelings of sympathy, sadness, or love that may seem silly or too much.
3. To combine – if you combine things, or if they combine, you use, do, or put them together.
4. Sentiment – showing or expressing powerful emotions.
5. To contrast – to compare two things in order to show how they are different.
6. It gave him a peculiar experience.
7. One day you will become old, life will start disappearing, and then one day death will come and the circle will be completed.
8. He certainly was a most kind-hearted man, of very high rank, and so old that even compassion from him was not wounding.
9. I try to act according to justice and the law, and leave the rest in God's hands!
10. But it isn't Peeta who has to prove his devotion. It's me.
Love and falling in love
Hello. My name is Angelina. I’m a teacher with the online English school, EnglishDom.com. Today we’re going to talk about love and falling in love.
Love is really a wonderful thing and falling in love is a great experience for anyone to have! Many people fall in love multiple times throughout their life and each time they, they swear it is the last time they ever will. Falling in love really is something that is scary and it’s wonderful at the same time. When most people fall in love they do crazy things to get the other person’s attention. Normally, because of those crazy things, they often embarrass themselves in front of the other person — their boyfriend or girlfriend because they are so nervous when they are around them. Ideally, most people meet that one person and they in love and they are together for the rest of their lives. People prefer it that way because they feel as though loving someone and being loved really completes them and makes them whole. But sometimes that situation doesn’t always work — sometimes you fall in love with someone and it doesn’t always work out. But that is not always a bad thing, sometimes some of the best experiences a person might have are in relationships that did not end up working out. So it’s work it to try, even if you are scared or you’re nervous or you’re unsure, in the end it’s always worth it to try to have a relationship with someone.
Some idioms and expressions about love and falling in love are "falling head over heels for someone". When you "fall head over heels in love" with someone you are completely in love with the other person. You don’t see anyone else, you don’t think about anything else, you are completely wrapped up in that one person. Another one is "love at first sight", a lot of people say the fell in love with their spouse — their husband or their wife — that they fell in love with them at first sight. That means that before they even spoke to them or got anywhere near them, they say them maybe across the room or something at a party and they fell in love. One more is "to break someone’s heart" and when you "break someone’s heart", it means that you do something that hurts them or you end the relationship. You do something negative to that other person and you "break their heart", you upset them, you hurt them and it normally means that that particular relationship is over. But, like I said, it’s always worth it to try.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about love and falling in love today. Please join us in our discussion group or on our forum on our Facebook page to talk more about this. Feel English and feel free! Bye for now!
Love yourself before you love another.
Love is all around you if you take the time and effort to move beyond your own self interest.
He who loves thinks that the others are blind; the others think that he is crazy.
A couple drove down a country road for several miles, not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position. As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically,
"Relatives of yours?"
"Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws."
List of questions for discussion
1. What is love?
2. What would your life be like without love?
3. What does it feel like to say, "I love you"?
4. Do you love to live or live to love?
5. Are there any rules to love?
6. What kind of love is the best love?
7. Is there a thin line between love and hate?
8. Do you love yourself? Should you do so?
9. What is the difference between love and being in love?
10. Is it more important to love or be loved?
11. What is your favourite love song and why?
12. How does love make you feel?
13. Does love last forever?
14. What does love look like?
15. Has love changed over the past 10,000 years?
Для обсуждения данной темы присоединяйтесь к разговорным клубам. Студентам индивидуального курса разговорные клубы предоставляются бесплатно. А если вы предпочитаете обучение в формате разговорных клубов, записывайтесь на групповые занятия.