Personality – индивидуальность, личность
Combination – соединение, сочетание, комбинация
Character – характер, темперамент, нрав
Outgoing – дружелюбный, коммуникабельный, общительный
Ambitious – целеустремлённый, стремящийся (к чему-л.), жаждущий (чего-л.)
Artistic – артистичный
Loveable – привлекательный
Charming – очаровательный, прелестный
Ability – способность, возможность (делать что-л.)
Existence – существование, наличие
To rely – полагаться, надеяться; доверять
To persuade – убеждать (в чём-л.), урезонивать, пенять
To tend – иметь тенденцию (к чему-л.), клониться, склоняться (к чему-л.)
To thrive – процветать, преуспевать
To control – управлять, руководить, командовать
To depend – зависеть, находиться в зависимости (от кого-л./чего-л.)
Type "A" personality – личность типа «А»
Born with a silver spoon in one’s mouth – родиться богатым
A chip off the old block – быть похожим на кого-то из родителей
Down to earth – полностью реалистичный
1. To persuade – to make someone agree to do something by giving them reasons why they should.
2. Character – the qualities that make up someone’s personality.
3. To thrive – to become very successful, happy, or healthy.
4. Ability – the fact of being able to do something.
5. To control – to make people behave in the way that you want them to behave.
6. An unreasonable combination leads to the reduction, distortion or absolute loss of the drug remedial effect.
7. Or should it rely on the impact of its example?
8. I was then – and still am, of course – the most able and the most ambitious scientist in the field of neurophysiology.
9. Jordan thinks the Head would have joined us if he was all right and I tend to think he's...
10. Such a charming man! – So handsome! So tall!
Hello. My name is Angelina. I’m a teacher with the online English school, EnglishDom.com. Today we’re going to talk about personality.
A personality is a combination of a person's characteristics or qualities that make up their individual character. Everyone has a different personality and that makes life very interesting. Some people are the outgoing type and they are friendly, charming and usually popular. Another personality is the artistic type and people like this are very loving and caring and are seen as big brother or a big sister to other people. The loveable personality types are people who are like everyone’s little brother or little sister. They are seen as very cute and everyone wants to protect them and take care of them. Loveable people are very dependent; they don’t usually have their own opinion. They tend to say what everyone wants to hear from them or maybe repeat the same opinions that they are hearing around them. They don’t, they don’t for their own. The last personality type is the charming type and these people thrive on attention. They always have to be the center of attention, the life of the party. Charming people often rely on their ability to persuade other people to do what they want as opposed to their actual knowledge of what is really going on. The world is full of different personality types and it really does make for an interesting life and existence when they are so many different kinds. If everyone thought the same, dressed the same, spoke the same and acted the same I think they would make for a very boring world.
Some idioms and expressions about personalities "type "A" personality", "born with a silver spoon in one’s mouth", "a chip off the old block" and "down to earth". People who are said to have a "type "A" personality" are aggressive, controlling and very ambitious. They tend to be the leaders of any group that they are part of. A person who is "born with a silver spoon in their mouth" is someone who is privileged from birth, normally because they come from a family who is very wealthy. When a child has similar characteristics to one of their parents they are said to be "a chip off the old block". A person who is calm, rational and easy going is described as a "down to earth" person.
I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about personalities today. Please join us in our discussion group or on our forum on our Facebook page to talk more about this. Feel English and feel free! Bye for now!
Different people have different personality.
"It's beauty that captures your attention; personality which captures your heart."
Prosperity improves one's personality, adversity cripples it.
A wife was making a breakfast of fried eggs for her husband. Suddenly, her husband burst into the kitchen. "Careful," he said, "Careful! Put in some more butter! Oh my gosh! You're cooking too many at once. Too many! Turn them! Turn them now! We need more butter. Oh my gosh! Where are we going to get more butter? They're going to stick! Careful. Careful! I said be careful! You never listen to me when you're cooking! Never! Turn them! Hurry up! Are you crazy? Have you lost your mind? Don't forget to salt them. You know you always forget to salt them. Use the salt! Use the salt! The salt!" The wife stared at him. "What in the world is wrong with you? You think I don't know how to fry a couple of eggs?" The husband calmly replied, "I just wanted to show you what it feels like when I'm driving."
List of questions for discussion
1. Do you think you have a strong personality?
2. What personality types are you attracted to?
3. Do you know anyone who has a split personality or multiple personalities?
4. What word would sum up your personality?
5. Can you really find out things about someone’s personality from their star sign or blood group?
6. Do you think you have an outgoing personality?
7. Do you like taking personality tests? Are they accurate?
8. What major change would you like to make to your personality?
9. Whose personality do you like best out of all the people in the world?
10. What do you think of my personality?
11. What of your personality traits do you like most?
12. Can a person have no personality?
13. What is the most attractive personality trait a person can have?
14. Is your true personality always on show or do you hide parts of it?
15. What are the personality differences between you and other family members?
Для обсуждения данной темы присоединяйтесь к разговорным клубам. Студентам индивидуального курса разговорные клубы предоставляются бесплатно. А если вы предпочитаете обучение в формате разговорных клубов, записывайтесь на групповые занятия.