Robot – робот, автомат
Machine – машина, механизм, станок
Methodically – регулярно, систематически, систематично
Intelligent – умный, сообразительный, смышлёный
Mechanism – механизм, устройство, прибор
Autonomous – автономный, самостоятельный, самоуправляющийся
AI – artificial intelligence – искусственный интеллект
Programmable – программируемый
Reliability – надёжность, достоверность
To replace – заменять, замещать
To develop – развивать, совершенствовать
To reduce – ослаблять, понижать, сокращать
To create – порождать, производить, создавать
To design – придумывать, замышлять, планировать
To construct – строить, сооружать, воздвигать
To install – устанавливать, монтировать, собирать
To operate – работать, действовать, функционировать (о приборах, механизмах)
To look like a robot – выглядеть как робот
To be a robot – быть роботом
1. To replace – to get rid of someone or something, and to put a new person or thing in their place.
2. Robot – a machine that can do work by itself, often work that humans do.
3. Design – the way that something is made so that it works in a certain way or has a certain appearance.
4. Reliability – the quality of being reliable.
5. To operate – to use and control a piece of equipment.
6. A positive displacement rotary machine according to the claim 1, wherein the slots of the rotor working surface are connected at the center of the rotor.
7. Over the meal, which was good, Mr. Robbie continued to develop the same theme.
8. Typically, this process uses an HTTP download mechanism and the device's browser to download the software.
9. The useradd command lets the superuser create a new user account.
10. Service-level qualities include performance, reliability and availability.
Hello, my name is Andrew, I'm a teacher with the EnglishDom and I'm here to do a podcast on robots. What are robots? Well, Robots are machines; machines that are run by computers to basically do the tasks that we can not be bothered doing in our every day lives or we are not precise enough to do with our own limbs, hand, whatever you want to call it. A robot is very precise and it's a piece of machinery that maybe makes a car, or maybe drills for oil or goes under water and performs some sort of robotic task I suppose, I'm not really too sure, never met one, but anyway we do have a few idioms and a few things we can attach to robots, believe it or not, in the English language. I, on one hand, call a friend of mine and it's quite common: when my friend drinks he looks a little bit like a robot and the reason being when he walks, he walks like this and it doesn't look very normal, but he looks very robotic in the way he walks. I'm sure you get what I mean, so we call him the robot.
I've seen many other people walk like this and many British people, sometimes, depends on your humor, "Hey, he looks like a robot" or we could call someone who is very intelligent, the opposite end of the stick, maybe. He's a robot, he does everything very methodically, one thing after the other, after the other, he doesn't make any mistakes, he's very clever, but he's very boring and all he cares about is his work and he acts very robotic maybe that could be the next one. We do also have a form of dancing when people start doing this type of thing and they might call it robotic dancing.
That's all I can think of with regards to anything attached to robotics.
My name's Andrew, thank you very much for watching. Fell English and feel free.
Leonardo da Vinci drew up plans for an armored humanoid machine in 1495.
The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim.
E. W. Dijkstra
Robots can be any shape or size.
A man was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."
He bent over, picked up the frog, and put it in his pocket.
The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will tell everyone how smart and brave you are and how you are my hero". The man took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it, and returned it to his pocket.
The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will be your loving companion for an entire week." The man took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it, and returned it to his pocket.
The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you for a year and do anything you want." Again the man took the frog out, smiled at it, and put it back into his pocket.
Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a year and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"
The man said, "Look, I'm a computer programmer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog is cool."
List of questions for discussion
1. Will robots have rights?
2. When do you think robots will replace McDonalds workers?
3. Have you ever felt as though you were a robot?
4. Do you think people will have robots as companions, instead of a pet?
5. What kind of economic chaos would there be if robots took over our jobs?
6. Could a team of robots ever beat a human football team?
7. Would you rather deal with a robot or a human clerk in a local government department?
8. Would you cry if your robot of ten years died?
9. How much of the human body will be replaced by machines? Will there be androids in the future?
10. Would a robot be a better leader than the leader of your country?
11. What role will robots play in our society later this century?
12. Will robots ever like identical to humans?
13. Do you think robots will ever have emotions or be able to love?
14. What would happen if you programmed a robot to hate and to build other robots that hated?
15. What name would you give to your robot?
Для обсуждения данной темы присоединяйтесь к разговорным клубам. Студентам индивидуального курса разговорные клубы предоставляются бесплатно. А если вы предпочитаете обучение в формате разговорных клубов, записывайтесь на групповые занятия.